Tinder is a social search application that uses Facebook to aid communication between users who are mutually interested. The application is commonly used as a dating app though it now provides general social media services. The app allows people to choose dates based on the profile pictures on Facebook. One can delete the app if they do not want it any more. For this to happen, you have to delete the app on your phone and on Facebook. I will discuss the steps that one needs to follow to close their Tinder account.
How to delete Tinder from Your Smartphone
Here are the steps that you can take to delete the app from your phone:
- First look for the app icon on your phone and tap on it to open the app. Remember that this app is available on Android and iOS phones. This application has an icon of a flame to make it easy to identify.
- The next step is to tap the button with “Log in with Facebook”. Remember that this app is integrated with your Facebook account and therefore it relies on your social network on Facebook.
- Tap the gear icon. This is found on the left corner of the home screen. This brings you to the settings screen of your tinder account.
- The next step is to tap the “App Setting” it is at this stage that you can configure the application’s notifications.
- You need to find the “Delete Account” button. You will find this button at the bottom of the menu; therefore you need to scroll down to find it. When you tap this button, you will be prompted with a confirmation message. This will indicate to you that deleting the account will permanently do away with your profile, your matches, your photos and your moments.
- Tap the “Delete Account” button to close the account. You will have successfully deleted the account and this finally delinks the Tinder account from your Facebook account. You will get a confirmation message that your account has been deleted.
- To exit from this screen, tap the “Okay” button. This takes you back to the application’s login screen.
How to Delete Tinder from Your Facebook Account
It is also possible to delete Tinder from your Facebook account. You see, this app connects through your Facebook profile and therefor it gains information from your Facebook profile for it to match you with suitable dates. Here are the steps to follow to do this:
- Log in to your Facebook account using your PC or laptop.
- In the right upper corner of your Facebook profile, click on the Setting icon. This is an icon that is a small gear.
- The next step is to scroll down to “Privacy Setting”. When you click on this link, you will be taken to the page that says, “Privacy Settings and Tools”.
- Access your App Settings in the Apps section. This is found in the left hand column.
- You will find Tinder under this list, “Apps You Use” you will need to edit this list. To the right of the application, you should click “Edit”.
- Scroll the app details. Select this link “Remove App”.
- In the confirmation box, you will have to choose “Remove”. This effectively removes the Tinder link from your Facebook profile.
Now, one thing you need to know about this app is that once you have deleted it from your phone or delinked it from your Facebook profile, you will no longer be able to match your dates. You will have effectively been removed from the social app and all its implications.